This is my very first tag/award, and although I find it a little daunting, I’m really excited to be involved in something like this. I’ve been meaning to write another ‘Telling Tales’ post for a while but couldn’t think of what to write! So, thank you to the lovely Fashion & Fiction for nominating me, I’m so flattered and I love reading all your posts. Also, thank you to Okoto for creating the award and giving everyone a chance to talk a little more about themselves. Now, onto the tag!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things about me:
- I love live music. Being in a music venue surrounded by many like-minded fans and soaking up the adrenaline-fuelled atmosphere is one of my favourite places to be. I attend between 2-4 concerts a month and although it’s left me broke on numerous occasions, I don’t mind. It’s such a fun place to be and I’ve met great people thanks to it. One of the bests concerts I’ve ever attended was a farewell show of one of my favourite bands, FVK, and it’s definitely one of my fondest memories.
- Aside from gigs, Disneyland is possibly a joint first as one of my favourite places in the world. I’ve been an avid Disney fan my whole life and have been very fortunate to visit Disneyworld Orlando and Disneyland Paris twice each with my family. As a tribute to the happiest place on earth, I’ve also got a little Minnie Mouse silhouette tattooed on the inside of my ankle, and it makes me so happy every time I see it.
- When I’m feeling particularly down, one of my favourite things to do is curl up and watch Game Grumps, a gaming YouTube channel. Although, they tend to spend the majority of their ten minute episodes screaming about difficult levels, their commentary is hilarious and I recommend everyone watch them if you need a quick cheer-up.
Questions For Me (by Fashion & Fiction):
1. What genre(s) of books are you most interested in?
Although, I should probably branch out and read a few more genres than I do for my studies, I keep returning to Young Adult, especially those within the Fantasy and LGBT sub-genres. They’re always super enjoyable and easy to read, and most of the characters within them you can’t help but love.
2. How would you describe your own style in fashion?
This is quite a difficult one to explain, as it all depends on how I’m feeling day to day. However, I tend to wear a completely black block of colour, and as if Frank Iero’s and Amy Lee’s wardrobes spliced together.
3. What’s the most uncomfortable or out of comfort zone activity you’ve ever done?
I struggle with social interaction daily, so the idea of presenting something to a group of people (especially in a classroom environment) is my idea of a nightmare. The simple mention of it, regardless of how far away it’s scheduled, will stick in my mind until it’s over. It’s not one of the most dare-devilish scenario’s, yet it definitely causes me severe discomfort.
4. Who’s your favourite villain?
Although, this probably seems like a very popular answer, my favourite is by far The Joker from DC comics. He’s such a complex character, who has many different sides and concepts regarding his backstory. So many people have portrayed him on screen too, yet my favourites have to be the legendary Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight, and Cameron Monaghan in the television series Gotham, which plays on the idea of character, Jerome Valeska, becoming the infamous villain.
5. If you could live in a fictional world, where would it be?
My first thought was Hogwarts, yet that sounded way too cliche so I decided to delve a little deeper and think more on this. I’m a huge fan of the television series Supernatural, and although the protagonists deal with a lot of dangerous paranormal entities on a daily basis, it appeals to me. I love the idea of road-tripping around the US, living in dingy motels and killing any creature in my way. It’s sounds like a cramped life, yet I hate staying still for too long anyway.
My 3 Best Posts:
I write mostly reviews and although I’m trying to work on expanding my posts a little more it hasn’t been achievable as of yet. However, here’s a variety of what I post at the moment.
Telling Tales | Books of my Childhood
Review: Show Stopper | Hayley Barker
Event: Skullduggery Pleasant: Resurrection Tour 2017
- The City of Novels
- The Cozy Fort
- FEATHERBRAINED BOOKS
- Books & Munches
- Imagination in Print
- My Book Opinions
- Amiiie’s Books
- Reading Through Infinity
- A Trusty Drying Pan
- Lady Grey Reads
Please, check these guys out, they’re all amazing bloggers and I love their posts! I apologise if any of you have already done this tag in the past, and please don’t feel obliged to do so if you don’t want to.
My Questions for you:
- What’s your favourite fictional name? Place, character or otherwise.
- During a difficult time, what’s your favourite self-care activity?
- What’s your favourite book/movie of 2017 so far?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- While writing a blog post, do you have anything on in the background? e.g. television or music.