I was tagged by the lovely Amiiie’s Books to participate in The Reading Habits Book Tag! Thank you so much, the questions seem really interesting and I can’t wait to take part. Be sure to check out her blog, her posts are always so insightful!
Now, onto the tag!
1. Bookmarks or random pieces of paper?
I have a ‘main’ bookmark, a Hermione Granger one, that I usually use. However, if I end up reading more than one physical book at once, then I have a huge collection of bookmarks to choose from.
2. Stop reading randomly or after a chapter/certain amount of pages?
I always try and read until I’ve finished a chapter, I feel really unsatisfied otherwise. However, the only exception to this rule is if I’m on public transport, then I’ll happily pause – until I’m somewhere I can complete the chapter, anyway.
3. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I like reading in the armchair in my living room. However, I can only do that if I’m home alone and it’s peaceful enough. Otherwise, I’ll go hide in my bedroom and read there.
4. Do you eat or drink whilst reading?
I enjoy having a hot drink beside me while reading, it helping me relax enough to read. Sometimes, I’ll have a snack, either biscuits or fruit, but most of the time I don’t eat.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV when reading?
Never. I need complete silence if I’m reading or I find it way too difficult to concentrate.
6. One book at a time or several?
I usually have around two books at the same time; one physical/ebook and an audiobook. I read the physical more often, only really listening to the audiobook while going for walks or waiting for lectures.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I can quite happily read something in any situation, having prepared with all formats of material. Guarantee, I will always have a book on me in some form.
8. Reading out loud or silently?
I’m quite insecure and a fairly quiet person, so I don’t read aloud that often, only to recite something funny or interesting I’ve read to my family.
9. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I used to keep all my books in pristine condition, however, recently I have a love for books with broken spines. I have to be the person that breaks them though, I tend to get upset if I give my book away and have it returned in a worst condition.
10. Do you write in your books?
Only those I need to read for university, but even then it’s usually on a sticky-note I’ve stuck inside.
11. Who do you tag?
- Second Star to the Right Reviews
- Reverie Of Books
- Audio Killed The Bookmark
- + anyone else that would like to take part!