I’ve been nominated by the wonderful Amy over at Quixotic Pixels for the Versatile Blogger Award. The purpose of this award is to acknowledge bloggers who write well, cover unique subjects and demonstrate care in creation of their posts. It’s such a lovely idea and I’m honoured to be involved in some way.
More about Amy and Quixotic Pixels
I’ve only recently followed Quixotic Pixels, having discovered Amy’s blog while holding a follow spree on Twitter. However, they seem like a lovely blogger, and their blog content is amazing. Their answers to this award post are so interesting, so be sure to check it out! They seem like an incredibly creative person!
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person that nominated you for this award.
- Link their blog to this post.
- Select UP TO 15 blogs/bloggers that you either regularly follow or discovered recently.
- Nominate them for this awesome Versatile Blogger Award with links to their sites.
- Write 7 things about yourself.
1. I have eleven piercings.
I’m a little addicted to piercings, having collected quiet a few since I was a teen and just today I got two more, meaning I’m in the double digits now! There’s still a few more I’d like to get, but that’ll be way into the future after I’ve adjusted to these.
I currently have:
- Lobes x2
- Lip x2 (Snake bites)
- Nipple x2
- Eyebrow (Vertical)
2. I have nine tattoos.
Much like piercings, I love tattoos. I’ve got quite a lot planned out, so as soon as money allows I’ll definitely be getting a few more larger pieces, including full sleeves, thighs and shoulder blades.
Currently, I have:
- My Chemical Romance lyrics on my forearm. (‘I am not afraid to keep on living’)
- ‘Nan’ and Great Uncle’s name on my wrists.
- Fearless Vampire Killers lyrics on my outer forearm. (‘With unbreakable hearts we fight’)
- Harry Potter’s the deathly hallows symbol behind my ear.
- Peter Pan’s Neverland stars beneath my collar bone. (Taken from the Disney animated movie)
- Fearless Vampire Killers logo above my ankle.
- Minnie Mouse silhouette on the inside of my ankle.
- Green Day lyrics on my foot. (‘Still breathing’)
3. I recently became a vegetarian.
I’ve been wanting to go vegetarian for so long, always feeling a little guilty when I ate meat. However, after a long debate with myself I decided to try it, and I’ve never made a better decision. I’m not as bloated as I used to be, my skin is a lot clearer and honestly, I feel so much healthier and willing to eat than before. Food actually makes me happy now!
4. I have a BA in Creative and Professional Writing and am starting my MA in September.
I know I’ve mentioned my degree on this blog quite a lot recently, however, it has pretty much taken over my life. I recently completed my BA, something that I’m insanely proud of myself for as I struggle quite badly with a few mental health problems, and have been accepted to do my Masters at a new university in London. I’m so excited, the course already appearing so much better than my BA’s and I’ll be getting a lot more independence, which for someone like me can be a little difficult. Regardless, I can’t wait to get started!
5. I am a published writer.
I’m sure I’ve made a proper post on this before, however, in December I was published in the Young Writers Anthology 2017 by Electric Reads. The anthology is committed to supporting exciting new talent from across the United Kingdom, and showcases 25 original pieces of fiction from new British writers. The anthology is available on Amazon and Waterstones, which is incredible considering those I idolise. It was an honour to be featured, and I’m going to apply again this year to see how it goes!
6. I am learning to read tarot cards.
Tarot readings have always been something I’m deeply fascinated by, loving the meanings and history behind them. I’m completely self-taught, no one else in my family or friendship circles being a reader, so everything I know is from wider research. At the moment, I’m able to give myself a daily reading, hoping to familiarise myself more with the cards, and it’s going pretty well!
7. I go to a lot of gigs.
I love concerts, usually attending around two to three per month. However, recently it’s calmed down a little due to my finances and festival season. I have a few more planned towards the end of the year and beginning of 2019 though as I’ll need something to look forward to!
This year I’ve seen:
- Asking Alexandria
- Black Veil Brides
- Lady Gaga
- Don Broco x 4
- MAN WITH A MISSION
- Fall Out Boy
- Mallory Knox
- Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Ezzie’s Bookshelf
- Between Folded Pages
- Book Lover Kate
- Treestand Book Reviews
- Kayla Reads and Reviews
- Confessions of a YA Reader
- Perpetual Fangirl
- Fiction No Chaser
- That Book Gal
- Second Star to the Right Reviews