I knew that when September came around that my blog schedule would fall a little; I’ve recently moved away and began my masters degree. However, I didn’t expect it to fall this much! Honestly, I’ve lost a little motivation to read, but am hoping to find new places in the town I’ve moved to that I feel comfortable reading in and try and boost the blog up a little! Note, many of the titles from now on will be on my reading list so might not be the usual content I post, but I don’t want to completely ignore them as I won’t have time to read both my own reading and reading for university.
Outside the world of blogging…
Even though my blogging has fell through slightly, I have a genuine excuse for once! Things have been extremely busy and have done a few positive things. So, this month I’ve:
- I officially graduated! It’s still so crazy to say that. For months I was dreading that day, not really caring for graduation anymore as I simply wanted to ‘move on’ from that course. However, it was a perfect day. It was amazing to see all my friends again and equally as incredible to watch my peers achieve so much.
- I moved away into my new accommodation for my MA degree. Although, I’m still settling in and everything is pretty difficult and scary, I’m slowly finding my feet. Where I live is very pretty and the people at my university seem extremely welcoming and nice, so hopefully I’ll settle in happily soon.
- I went to see Heathers: The Musical! Prior to seeing the musical, I didn’t know much about it at all, only knowing very vague moments of the plot. However, I loved every second of it, the actors being some of the best I’ve ever seen and am already looking into trying to see it again as soon as possible. I highly recommend anyone near London going to see it.
My September Reading Goals
For September, I’d planned to read a total of six books, four physical and two E-ARCS. However, I’ve only managed one that was on my To Read list, while three others were of my own choice at the time. I’m not as disappointed as I expected, as the titles I’ve managed to read are some of my new favourites.
- Autoboyography | Christina Lauren (5/5)
- Undead Girl Gang | Lily Anderson (5/5)
- Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 | Bisco Hatori (5/5)
- Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately | Alicia Cook (5/5)
Total Pages Read: 1,130
Current Goodreads Progress: 46/50 (92%) 9 ahead of schedule
Male Authors: 0
Female Authors: 4
Genres Read: Poetry, Nonfiction, Sequential Art, Manga, Romance, Graphic Novels, Comics, Young Adult, Contemporary, Fantasy, Paranormal, Witches, Mystery, LGBT
Triggers Found: Mental Health, Mental Illness, Death, Grief, Addiction, Blood/Gore, Depression, Implied Sexual Content, Crude Humour, Strong Language, Murder, Suicide, Hanging, Drowning, Homophobia
Favourite Reads of the Month:
Top Five Tuesday
This month I’ve unfortunately not had the chance to write a single Top Five post, mostly due to time and motivation. Hopefully, I’ll manage a few in October, I have a few ideas of what I’d like to talk about!
Character of the Month
This post is definitely my favourite of the month, loving the character so much and her being a huge positive icon for me. As I’ve gone through the stress of moving, I definitely needed someone as adorable as Louisa Clark to help me remain true to myself.
These posts are possibly the most successful I’ve been on this blog all month. I was tagged to write a series of posts on my favourite quotes across three days, which was so much fun to do! I wish I could’ve continued. Who knows, maybe I will create a series at some point!
- Telling Tales | 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge (Day One)
- Telling Tales | 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge (Day Two)
- Telling Tales | 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge (Day Three)