I swear this month has only been about a week long, but its been incredibly productive blog wise. Although, I had a little stumble in the middle, hardly feeling able to pick up a book, I managed to scrap it back at the end. Hopefully, my enthusiasm will continue into March!
Outside the world of blogging…
Even though I’ve managed to be fairly productive this month blog wise, aside from that I’ve done very little. My health has fell slightly, meaning I’ve felt unable to do much else outside of the bloggersphere, but I’m hoping things’ll pick up a little next month. So, this month I’ve:
- Travelled to London to see Dr Gunther von Hagens’ Bodyworlds exhibition. I have a slight morbid curiosity towards plastination, so whenever there is an exhibition nearby I need to go and see it. It was by far the best I’ve seen and highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to go.
My February Reading Goals
This month I managed to continue my plans to use my TBR Jar, pulling out another three titles and reading them before delving into any ARCs and other books I’ve been putting off. Fingers crossed it continues to work so well!
- School Lies | Kimberly G. Giarratano (ARC) (5/5)
- Zom-B | Darren Shan (4/5)
- DROPKICKromance | Cyrus Parker (5/5)
- What If It’s Us | Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera (3.5/5)
- Broken | Nicola Haken (3/5)
- It Ends With You | S. K. Wright (ARC) (4/5)
- Bleed Like Me: Poems for the Broken | Azzurra Nox (ARC) (5/5)
- If My Body Could Speak | Blythe Baird (ARC) (5/5)
Total Pages Read: 1,922 (+10hrs 36mins)
Current Goodreads Progress: 13/60 (22%) 4 books ahead of schedule.
Male Authors: 3
Female Authors: 6
Genres Read: Young Adult, Mystery, Crime, LGBT, Romance, Horror, Zombies, Paranormal, Poetry, Contemporary, Thriller, Mental Health, Health
Triggers Found: Death, Mentions of suicide, Murder, Violence, Anger, Drugs/Alcohol, Strong Language, Homophobia, Blood/Gore, Bullying, Racism, Abuse, Domestic Abuse, Child Abuse, Crude Humour, Cannibalism, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Fire/Arson, Intrusive Thoughts, Depression, Anxiety, Implied Sexual Content, Panic Attacks, Bipolar Disorder, Self Injury, Suicide, Attempted Suicide, Psychiatric Hospitals, Prison, Underage Relationships, Suicidal Thoughts, Rape, Body Image, Dieting, Eating Disorders, Anorexia, Sexual Assault
Favourite Reads of the Month:
Top Five Tuesday
Although, I was cutting it a little fine, I managed to achieve my goal of posting at least two Top Five Tuesday’s a month. I’m still finding them difficult to create at the moment, but I’m persevering in the hopes of rediscovering my love for them soon!
Character of the Month
This was another difficult decision this month, wanting to follow the February theme of Valentines, but found that I read very little romantic fiction. However, I eventually managed to find the perfect character and I’m so happy with my decision.
Shortest month of the year and I’ve managed a Telling Tales post too?! What is this madness?! This month I was lucky enough to attend a Holly Black and Cassandra Clare event, which was an incredible experience and made for a great blog post.