Note: This post contains spoilers from The Raven Cycle series.
So, considering this month is Call Down the Hawk November in my books, I thought it’d be suitable to talk about one of my favourite characters from both The Raven Cycle and The Dreamer Trilogy; Mr Adam Parrish. However, currently I am yet to complete Call Down the Hawk, I’m around 3/4 of the way through it, so this post will not contain any spoilers from the latest book. It may contain those from The Raven Cycle, however, so consider yourselves double warned for anyone yet to complete the series!
Adam Parrish | The Raven Cycle
Adam’s character is one of my all-time favourites from The Raven Cycle series. He’s strong-willed, determined, and can be extremely stubborn at times. In all, he’s a very well-rounded, realistic character with a strong heart and someone who would do anything for those he loves. Picture him alike the Hermione Granger of The Raven Boys, if you will. Much like Hermione, Adam is extremely intelligent and isn’t afraid to always attempt to better himself with everything he does. He can be looked down upon, by himself and others, but will always do what needs to be done to the best of his ability. Personally, for those reasons, I believe that Adam Parrish is one of the best characters throughout the series, and is definitely someone to admire for his efforts.
Who is Adam Parrish?
- Scholarship student at Aglionby Academy, and highly prioritises his education.
- The poorest of all of his friends, yet dislikes discussing his financial situation.
- Previously lived in a double-wide trailer with his parents, but moved into a room he rents from St. Agnes Church.
- He becomes Cabeswater’s main line of communication with the rest of the group.
- He’s extremely intelligent and is at the top of all his classes.
- He bases his decisions on logic rather than emotion.
- He is an analytical thinker, not believing in the supernatural until he started witnessing it for himself. He can be suspicious of magic and doesn’t trust it unless he becomes desperate.
- Described as slim and tall with unevenly cropped, brown hair, which looks as if he’s cut it himself. He’s also known to be taller than Gansey, but marginally shorter than Ronan.
- Dating Ronan Lynch.
“I know when I’m awake and when I’m asleep,” Ronan Lynch said.
Adam Parrish, curled over himself in a pair of battered, greasy coveralls, asked, “Do you?”
“Maybe I dreamt you,” he said.
“Thanks for the straight teeth, then,” Adam replied.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Adam had once told Gansey, “Rags to riches isn’t a story anyone wants to hear until after it’s done.”
The Raven Boys
Adam didn’t need his father to go to jail. He had merely needed someone outside of the situation to look at it and confirm that yes, a crime had been committed. Adam had not invented it, spurred it, deserved it. It said so on the court paperwork. Robert Parrish, guilty. Adam Parrish, free.
The Raven King
“Where do you live?”
Adam’s mouth was very set. “A place made for leaving”
The Raven Boys
Ronan said, “I’m always straight.”
Adam replied, “Oh, man, that’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told.”
The Raven Boys
2 thoughts on “Character of the Month (November ’19) | Adam Parrish”