This past month has definitely been one of the most productive I’ve had since returning to my blog after a little break, I managed so much reading and got a lot more content created. There were a few times where I didn’t feel as interested, some of my timings have been off, but overall I’m extremely happy with how this month has gone.
Outside the world of blogging…
I’ve been slightly more productive this month outside of my blog, getting out and doing more things that make me happy which has really boosted my mental health. So, this month I’ve:
- Travelled to London to see Dr Gunther von Hagens’ Bodyworlds exhibition. This is the second time I’ve been to see it now, going around this time last year as well, and I loved it. I have a slight morbid curiosity towards plastination, so whenever there is an exhibition nearby I need to go and see it and it didn’t disappoint.
- Been to see Dolittle in the cinema with my boyfriend. I celebrated Valentines this year for the first time in a while, and it was definitely celebrated right. Although, the film was awful, it gave us something to laugh about together, which made it worth it.
- Seen Palaye Royale, one of my favourite bands, live! It was the first time I’ve seen them, after being a fan for quite a few years now, and they definitely made it worth it. I was lucky enough to meet the drummer and guitarist after the show and they were wonderful to speak to.
My February Reading Goals
As mentioned previously, this month has been incredibly productive reading wise, managing to accomplish all three of my priority reads before delving into some others of my choosing. I’m so pleased with how well this month has gone and I hope the motivation continues!
- The Demon World | Sally Green (4/5)
- Lorali | Laura Dockrill (2/5)
- The Danish Girl | David Ebershoff (4/5)
- Ariadnis | Josh Martin (3/5)
- Fruits Basket Collector’s Edition, Vol.1 | Natsuki Takaya (Reread)
- Fruits Basket Collector’s Edition, Vol.2 | Natsuki Takaya (5/5)
- The Elite | Kiera Cass (3/5)
Total Pages Read: 2,525
Current Goodreads Progress: 13/65 (20%) 3 books ahead of schedule.
Male Authors: 2
Female Authors: 4
Genres Read: Fantasy, Young Adult. LGBT, Medieval, Mythology, Mermaids, Romance, Historical, Historical Fiction, Fiction, Adult, Gender, Novels, Queer, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Magic, Sequential Art, Manga, Graphic Novels
Triggers Found: Death, Strong Language, Anger, Violence, Torture, Blood/Gore, War, Crude Humour, Murder, Implied Sexual Content, Alcohol, Sexual Content, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Hospitals, Surgery, Grief, Abuse, Child Abuse
Favourite Reads of the Month:
Top Five Tuesday
Character of the Month