After last month’s success, I’ve decided to continue my method of having three priority reads and then concentrating on ARC’s and Audible books. Fingers crossed that I’ll have as much success as I did in October.
1. The Bridge by Bill Konigsberg
Aaron and Tillie don’t know each other, but they are both struggling with life.
They arrive at a New York bridge at the same time, intending to jump. At that moment in time, there are four things that could happen: Aaron jumps and Tillie doesn’t. Tillie jumps and Aaron doesn’t. They both jump. Neither of them jumps. Or maybe all four things happen…
2. The Ghost Tree by Christina Henry
When the bodies of two girls are found torn apart in her hometown, Lauren is surprised, but she also expects that the police won’t find the killer. After all, the year before her father’s body was found with his heart missing, and since then everyone has moved on. Even her best friend, Miranda, has become more interested in boys than in spending time at the old ghost tree, the way they used to when they were kids. So when Lauren has a vision of a monster dragging the remains of the girls through the woods, she knows she can’t just do nothing. Not like the rest of her town. But as she draws closer to answers, she realises that the foundation of her seemingly normal town might be rotten at the centre. And that if nobody else stands for the missing, she will.
The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V.E. Schwab
France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever-and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.
Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.
But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore, and he remembers her name.
On my Netgalley Shelf:
- Queen of Volts by Amanda Foody
- The Witchling’s Girl by Helena Coggan
- Blood Metal Bone by Lindsay Cummings
In my Audible Library:
- Geekerella: A Novel by Ashley Poston (10h 32m)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (1h 35m)
- Geography Club by Brent Hartinger (5h 9m)
- American Panda by Gloria Chao (7h 32m)
- Damaged Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie (10h 27m)
- The Child: An Audible Drama by Sebastian Fitzek (6h 55m)
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (15h 53m)
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (12h 51m)
To Review on Readers First:
- Killer T by Robert Muchamore