So, this month I’ve been a little lost on what to read, having drawn a blank at the thought of reading, so I decided to return to my old system of the TBR Jar. This is what came out, and personally, I’m super excited to get started, it being the kick I needed to pick up these books.
1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
When a local boy is killed by wolves, Grace’s small town becomes a place of fear. But Grace is fascinated by the pack, and finds herself drawn to a yellow-eyed wolf. There’s something about him – something almost human. Then Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away…
2. To Drink Coffee with a Ghost by Amanda Lovelace
From the bestselling & award-winning poetess, amanda lovelace, comes the finale of her illustrated duology, “things that h(a)unt.” In the first installment, to make monsters out of girls, lovelace explored the memory of being in a toxic romantic relationship. In to drink coffee with a ghost, lovelace unravels the memory of the complicated relationship she had with her now-deceased mother.
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless Lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg.
She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
On my Netgalley Shelf:
- The Witchling’s Girl by Helena Coggan
- Blood Metal Bone by Lindsay Cummings
In my Audible Library:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (9h 33m)
- Ghosting You by Alexander C. Eberhart (10h 13m)
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas (13h 47m)
- Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall (13h 11m)
- Geekerella: A Novel by Ashley Poston (10h 32m)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (1h 35m)
- Geography Club by Brent Hartinger (5h 9m)
- American Panda by Gloria Chao (7h 32m)
- Damaged Like Us by Krista and Becca Ritchie (10h 27m)
- The Child: An Audible Drama by Sebastian Fitzek (6h 55m)
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (15h 53m)
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (12h 51m)
To Review on Readers First:
- Killer T by Robert Muchamore