It’s that time of year again, guys, it’s the yearly Wrap Up! So, every year since creating this blog I’ve done things differently, namely due to the size of this post and how taxing it is to write. However, this year I’m going to try and minimise the size of it and focus on what’s the most important things to talk about: my love for books and my Goodreads goal. So, I’m not going to link every single post I’ve made this year, that’ll take way too long, but I’m going to include a few highlights from each. Anyways, onto the post!
Outside the world of blogging…
2020 has been a whirlwind of a year, feeling as if it’s been the longest and shortest year I’ve ever experienced. However, it’s not all been bad, there’s been a few uplifting achievements to hold onto.
So, this year I’ve:
- Travelled to London to see Dr Gunther von Hagens’ Bodyworlds exhibition. This is the second time I’ve been to see it now, going sometime last year as well, and I loved it. I have a slight morbid curiosity towards plastination, so whenever there is an exhibition nearby I need to go and see it and it didn’t disappoint.
- Managed to get a job! I had an interview earlier in the year to work for the NHS and the day after I received a call stating that I was the best candidate “by far”, my smile was infectious, and I got the job.
- Been progressing more with my Witchcraft studies. I’ve been a magical practitioner for a few years now, finding it comforting to work with and this year I’ve been getting back into it full force and working on my grimoire and other studies. Overall, it’s been going quite well and I’m finding it addictive to work on.
- Signed up for a tarot reading course. I’ve been a collector of tarot and oracle cards for many years now but I’ve never had the confidence to delve into it professionally, but with the encouragement from my boyfriend, I’ve finally taken the plunge and signed up to a tarot course! I’m absolutely loving it so far, and I’ve already found a few other ones I’m hoping to start in the new year.
- Spent one whole year with the love of my life, and I couldn’t be happier for it.
My 2020 Reading Goals
This year, I’d planned to read 65 books and I’m so proud to say that I managed to read a grand total of 76, completely smashing my goal!
Posts I’m Particularly Proud Of This Year:
- Witchy Wednesday | Kim Kran’s ‘The Wild Unknown’ Review
- Top Five Tuesday | Books to pull you out of a Reading Slump
- Telling Tales | Celebratory Book Haul
- Witchy Wednesday | Books for Beginners
- Review: Kingdom of the Wicked | Kerri Maniscalco (ARC)
- Review: The Fault in Our Stars | John Green
- Character of the Month (June ’20) | Kagura Sohma