So, this month I’ve tried my best to take things easy, having struggled a little with my mental health meaning that my reading hasn’t been of a top priority. Nevertheless, I’m quite impressed with how much I’ve managed to accomplish with this low mindset.
Outside the world of blogging…
As mentioned above, I’ve been a little mentally low this month, meaning I haven’t been able to achieve as much as I’d have liked. However, outside of this blog, I’ve been trying my best to keep myself distracted and active. So, this month I’ve:
- Gotten back interested in my video games. Thanks to my boyfriend who gave me his external hard-drive I’ve been able to play Red Dead Redemption 2, which I’ve been really enjoying playing. Red Dead is one of my favourite video game franchises, so I’ve had a lot of fun pretending to be a cowboy and losing my horse numerous times.
- Started a body positivity Instagram account where I’ve been posting daily images of myself in order to increase my confidence and acceptance of myself. So far I have 400+ followers, which is absolutely wonderful, and I feel so happy posting about my life and the daily challenges I face. For those interested, It’s @ababyplum.
My January Reading Goals
As mentioned previously, I’ve been taking this easy with my reading challenge this month, deciding to lower my Goodreads Reading Challenge number and concentrate on my mental health more. However, I’ve still managed a handful of books which has made me feel so happy and accomplished.
- The Witchling’s Girl | Helena Coggan (ARC) (2/5)
- The Cruel Prince | Holly Black (5/5)
- Fruits Basket Collector’s Edition, Vol. 7 | Natsuki Takaya (5/5)
- Fruits Basket Collector’s Edition, Vol. 8 | Natsuki Takaya (5/5)
Total Pages Read: 1,522
Current Goodreads Progress: 4/50 (8%) You’re on track!
Male Authors: 0
Female Authors: 3
Genres Read: Fantasy, LGBT, Romance, Paranormal, Witches, Young Adult, Queer, Magic, Fairies, Fae, Fiction, Sequential Art, Manga
Triggers Found: Violence, Anger, Blood/Gore, Death, Strong Language, Murder, Sexual Content, Trauma, Imprisonment, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Grief, Depression, Anxiety, Abuse, Child Abuse
Favourites Reads of the Month:
Top Five Tuesday
Character of the Month
- Telling Tales | 2020 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge RESULTS
- Telling Tales | POPSUGAR Reading Challenge 2021
- Witchy Wednesday | Pick a Card: Monthly Forecast (January 2021)
- Witchy Wednesday | My Most Used Tarot Decks (2021)