So, I’ve been putting off writing this mammoth of a post for so long, leaving it until literally the last minute again, if a little later than last year… Considering it’s now 2020. It’s getting worse.
Considering last years post took me so long and I found it quite taxing to write, I’m going to take a slightly different approach this year and use the Goodreads yearly review to help me with my Wrap Up. I won’t be adding direct links to every single post I’ve written this year, just including my favourites or the highlights of each. I’ll save a little discussion on my reads for the next few Top Five Tuesdays.
Outside the world of blogging…
This year has been a complete whirlwind of events, but I think it’s important to recall a few things I managed to achieve this year. Yes, I had a little break from the blog, but I also managed a few things during that time that I think will be worth mentioning.
So, this year I’ve:
- Become completely obsessed with the world of Fantastic Beasts, seeing the latest instalment in the cinema a few too many times.
- Travelled to London to see Dr Gunther von Hagens’ Bodyworlds exhibition. I have such a morbid fascination with plastination, so whenever a exhibition is nearby I have to go and see it. This one was by far the best I’ve seen.
- Spent eight months in hospital for Anorexia Nervosa and come out the other side mostly unscathed. This is a slightly ‘bleugh’ subject matter to speak about online, but I’m somewhat proud of my achievement and feel a deep gratefulness for all the staff and patients who helped me on my journey.
My 2019 Reading Goals
This year, I’d planned to read 60 books and I’m so proud to say that I managed to read a grand total of 64, completely smashing my goal! Although, I haven’t managed to review every book I’ve read this year, I’ll definitely go back and reread them before trying again. Anyways, it was a fun journey.
Top Five Tuesday
- Best Reads of 2018
- Worst Reads of 2018
- Anticipated 2019 Releases
- Beautiful Book Covers
- Best Reads of 2019 (So Far)
- Series I’d Like To Start
- Books on my Christmas Wishlist ’19
Character of the Month
Male Characters: 2
Female Characters: 2
Book Characters: 3
Film Characters: 1
- 2019 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge
- Book Haul #5
- A Little Fool Disappears?
- 2019 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge RESULTS