One of my goals for the New Year was to start being more productive on this blog, which I think I’ve achieved in the past month. Although, there were a few timing issues, I think I managed it as best as I could have. Besides, it’s only been one month, by the end of the year I might be even more efficient than when I first started! That’s the goal anyway.
Outside the world of blogging…
I’ve been fairly unproductive this month outside of the blog, so there’s very little to say in this segment of the Wrap Up. However, I’m hoping to have more to talk about as the year progresses. So, this month I’ve:
- Been to see Little Women in the cinema and was pleasantly surprised. I knew very little about the story walking in, but I enjoyed it so much that I picked up a copy of the original novel to read for myself. Fingers crossed I enjoy the original too!
- Seen Waterparks, one of my favourite bands, live! This one was a gift from my family for Christmas, which was so lovely of them to do. I’ve seen them a few times before, but I’ve fallen in love with their latest album, Fandom, so it was incredible to hear some of those songs live.
My January Reading Goals
This month’s reading goals took a slightly different route. Although, I chose three from my TBR Jar, I only managed to get around to reading one of them before straying towards other titles. Not that it matters much, I’m reading 2/3 now, but I’m a little frustrated with myself for not doing it in order.
- The Book Ninja | Ali Berg and Michelle Kalus (2/5)
- We Hunt the Flame | Hafsah Faizal (1/5)
- The Selection | Kiera Cass (5/5)
- Lord Loss | Darren Shan (4/5)
- My Sister, the Serial Killer | Oyinkan Braithwaite (4/5)
- Mooncakes | Suzanne Walker & Wendy Xu (ARC) (5/5)
Total Pages Read: 1,929
Current Goodreads Progress: 6/65 (9%) 1 book ahead of schedule.
Male Authors: 1
Female Authors: 5
Genres Read: Romance, Women’s Fiction, Fiction, Contemporary, Writing, Books, Fantasy, Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Paranormal, Horror, Mystery, Thriller, Crime, Cultural, Africa, Sequential Art, Graphic Novels, LGBT, Comics
Triggers Found: Anger, Cheating, Alcohol, Blood/Gore, Death, Violence, War, Murder, Strong Language, Hospitals, Abuse, Child Abuse
Favourite Reads of the Month:
Top Five Tuesday
Character of the Month